Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Set Up Sheets in Mastercam X5

Don K

I've just started playing around with producing set up sheets from within the operations manager in X5.

Normally we've just produced Manufacturing Operation Sheets in Excel which does take a bit more time.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to edit the comments sections in the .pdf file from within Mastercam or will I need a .pdf writer to be able to add comments in these comments sections after I publish the pdf?

Also, given the file size of these pdfs and the one I did is about 550 KB compared to the same info minus the graphics on Excel spreadsheet is only about 50 KB, is there a way to generate these in another format other than pdf?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi Don,

Are you using the Active Report setup sheet?

I've just started playing around with producing set up sheets from within the operations manager in X5.

Normally we've just produced Manufacturing Operation Sheets in Excel which does take a bit more time.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to edit the comments sections in the .pdf file from within Mastercam or will I need a .pdf writer to be able to add comments in these comments sections after I publish the pdf?

Also, given the file size of these pdfs and the one I did is about 550 KB compared to the same info minus the graphics on Excel spreadsheet is only about 50 KB, is there a way to generate these in another format other than pdf?

I use the Active Reports Designer that comes with the software to do setup sheets. It took a little work to get the hang of the software, but I'm fairly pleased with the result now. You can see an example of my setup sheet here labeled "test".

We were doing the same thing with Excel, but it was too time consuming. This way is much easier and faster.

I am using the default settings for the report.

Using the setting of report/mill which creates the pdf for me.

I use the Active Reports Designer that comes with the software to do setup sheets. It took a little work to get the hang of the software, but I'm fairly pleased with the result now. You can see an example of my setup sheet here labeled "test".

We were doing the same thing with Excel, but it was too time consuming. This way is much easier and faster.

Okay.. I have turned the ATP toolbar on so I will have to play around with that to see which is more feasable to use. I know I like the graphical views of the tooling set ups, Stock size etc. I dont see that in your report though.

I have attached a copy of the set up sheet that I put together.

T-3527 X-RITE I80 3 - AXIS VMC.pdf

We opted not to have all the graphics in our setup sheets, but the good thing about the Active Reports is it's customizable, so you can add in images to suit your needs.

Okay.. I have turned the ATP toolbar on so I will have play around with that to see which is more feasable to use. I know I like the graphical views of the tooling set ups, Stock size etc. I dont see that in your report though.

I have attached a copy of the set up sheet that I put together.

\**********

When your setup sheet gets created it pops up a window with the sheet on it. At the top of the screen, right next to the help icon is an annotations icon. What you have to do is pull down that menu, decide on the type of annotation or comment you want, then "drag the icon" to the place you want to add an annotation.

I've been piecing examples from other templates to build my own set up sheet. However there are a couple of things I still want to add like the program name, and part rev and maybe the manual entry line so I can type in some set up info. So how do I know what the data field name is for all that stuff? Is there a list of all the different data field names I can use?

\**********

When your setup sheet gets created it pops up a window with the sheet on it. At the top of the screen, right next to the help icon is an annotations icon. What you have to do is pull down that menu, decide on the type of annotation or comment you want, then "drag the icon" to the place you want to add an annotation.

I tried this and couldnt get it to work probably because I dont have the full blown version of Adobe Acrobat. Its just a reader. It would let drag the annotations down and place them but I could not edit them in any way including adding text.

You can do the annotations while still in the Active Reports viewer.

Click and drag the text annotation to the area you want to use it in, the text box is sizable, right click on it and select properties

Then save as a pdf, the annotation becomes part of the document