Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Transform by Toolplane Bugged

MrFish

If you you are referring to work offsets when you say "positions" there was a change as to how its done in X5. In previous versions you used offset 0 for start, and then increment by 1. In X5 you have to say start 1 and increment 1. Assuming you source ops are using offset 0, the next location will use offset 1(start offset), and the next location will increment by 1 and use offset 2, etc. There was a tech bulletin on this somewhere.

no not refering to work offsets, refering to the operation not being in the right place at all.

The toolpath in the picture is a transform by toolplane toolpath that has had the datum point selected as the centre of the hole on face 1 and the toolplane is a custom wcs that aligns with face 1. As you can see it backplots in completely the wrong place.post-25701-0-10930100-1313527874_thumb.gif

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up that this is a bug and has been listed as defect CNC00101254. This toolpath works fine in X4 MU3.

BTW: this thread is 3 months old

He stated that he is using X5.....

Yes, I have had problems with this myself. I Can Not get toolpath rotate to work right when using Axis Sub (4th axis vertical mill).

Anyone else having this problem? Most likely its just the method I'm using?