Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Last-A-Foam

TeccBoxx

I am considering using General Plastics Last-A-Foam and was wondering if anyone has worked with this material before. If so is it a good easy material to work with? Plus how does it compare to Butter-Board? The pricing on it is half the cost of Butter-Board. Well $62 for a 24"x24"x1" board.

Tazzer,

I use the Last-A-Foam extensively for mock-ups and models and like it, but after saying that it is a very dusty material and you will need to hook up some kind of vacuum system, this will take care of SOME of the mess. I have tried the Butter Board but preferred Renshape instead. The material you use will depend greatly on what you are using the end product for.

Steve.

I've machined a lot of models with the stuff. It machines fast and easy, but be prepared to find a sandy residue in the strangest places. Contact General Plastics for a sample of the different densities.

Give me a call and I may be able to help with a remnant or offer some hints to finish the stuff.