Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Divide and concour

MotorCityMinion

I've got a part I'm working on, nose cut die, that specifies on the drawing, instructions for using a dividing head to achieve a compound angular face. I have never seen a print like this before and have no clue on how to set this up. The print sketches merely look like a pictorial representation. I made a solid based on projected lines and suspect it's wrong. I projected some lines on the model to measure the angle and it appears to be incorrect when rotated 15. Deg. It Should be 38. Deg and it checks 44.98 Deg. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here. Comments ?

Anybody care to take a crack at this? Any and all help would be appreciated. If you succeed and your feeling generous, I need a file thats in .DWG, para-solid version 18 or X2 geometry only.

File on FTP = Drawings\ Nose cut die.dwg

<a%20href=nosecutdiebadangleSmall.jpg">

Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the delayed response. Levels/ layers 9 - 13 were created by me just to represent the part. The model in that file was created from the views on the left. If you model the part with just the slots then rotate it 15 DEG. pos., then create a plane at 38. DEG.(128. DEG. Pos.) from the front, you get a nice accurate surface. The problem for me then becomes that it doesn't look like any of the print views ( I'm not so sure the drawing is accurate) after those last cuts. It also doesn't look like any of the samples I have, which are worn out. I'm thinking heck with it, I'll cut one and send it off. I need 30 of them and don't want to do the whole batch till I'm sure it's good. Thanks for your time, MCM.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the delayed response. Levels/ layers 9 - 13 were created by me just to represent the part. The model in that file was created from the views on the left. If you model the part with just the slots then rotate it 15 DEG. pos., then create a plane at 38. DEG.(128. DEG. Pos.) from the front, you get a nice accurate surface. The problem for me then becomes that it doesn't look like any of the print views ( I'm not so sure the drawing is accurate) after those last cuts. It also doesn't look like any of the samples I have, which are worn out. I'm thinking heck with it, I'll cut one and send it off. I need 30 of them and don't want to do the whole batch till I'm sure it's good. Thanks for your time, MCM.

I'll try to look at this some more later, there seems to be something I'm missing. One thing I don't get, what's up with the .060 wide slot with a .045 radius? Do your samples really look like that?