Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Recompling A C-Hook

We are in the process of learning the MasterCam Art module.

When executing the artmachine.dll We are getting the

"Incompatible C-Hooks version number”. I am certain the link is fine

as the remainder of the C-Hooks work well enough. I am at a loss as to the

recompile instruction. Is this a step that a relative novice in compeering

programming can do. If so any info anyone can help me with would be most appreciated

• 6 years later...
14 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Mr. Martin clearly does not understand the futility of contacting a sales representatives about technical problems and his response is stupid on it's face.  The Matercam software instructs the user to recompile the CHook yet Roger thinks that a sales representative is the proper resource.  Good Luck!

Where did you get the message about Mastercam telling the user to recompile? 

Goodbye jerk... 

• Like 2
On 8/28/2017 at 10:06 PM, [email protected] said:

Mr. Martin clearly does not understand the futility of contacting a sales representatives about technical problems and his response is stupid on it's face.  The Matercam software instructs the user to recompile the CHook yet Roger thinks that a sales representative is the proper resource.  Good Luck!

Hello Jerry,

Mastercam Resellers/Dealers are technical support in addition to being vendors of the software itself. The company that sold you your seat of Mastercam will have the correct version of the files needed to fix your issue.

When I made the remarks quoted above, I was tired and frustrated and admittedly overly harsh in my criticism of Mr. Martin.  Subsequent to my remarks, Mr Martin contacted me and graciously helped me resolve the issue.  However, I do not retract my comments about contacting the re seller for technical support.  I opened a maintenance issue with my re-seller, to date they have been silent, only a thank you note for opening a maintenance request;  I am very pessimistic  that they will respond at all, much less in any affirmative way.

30 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Well, I'll have to accept that I have been a jerk.  The message to recompile comes from within Mastercam when you try and execute the MZX.dll C-Hook.

I like that sir and guess what I did the same thing when I 1st came in here. I also admitted my mistakes and have done my best to help since. Welcome and I appreciate your humbleness and if there is anything I can do to help I will. Sorry this one only Roger or Mick will be able to help with.

• Like 1