Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Data paths won't stick

Nils N

I can not get my data paths to stick in X5. I've never had this problem before in any of the other X's.

I like to set my .MCX file open location to my own job's file. When I go Settings>Configuration>Files and select the Data path it only sticks for that session.

I've searched the forum with no luck so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any ideas?

I's a new computer with

Windows 7 pro

i7-2600 3.40GHZ

8 BG RAm

64 bit op system

Quadro 2000 video card

That's not what I'm looking for, or, I don't understand everything your saying there.

What I want is to go file >open>and go to a fold I choose and not mcamx5. Like I said it hold for the currant secession but not after I close and reopen.

I've had no problem directing the data path in X4, X3 and so on. but now X5 being a 64 bit or 64 bit compliant it doesn't work.

Does it work for anyone else? or is it just me?

If I open the settings config to make changes with a Mcam part file open and it has a different file mapping than the default, it will get reset to the file map of the Mcam part file.

I reset Mcam to open a new "blank" file, then make settings in the system config.

Nils N I have also just started getting this problem.

Our config file is set as write protect after I adjust the data paths, but it still overwrites my file paths if I adjust any settings in config.

What we did was to open the config file in a text editer and set the path inthe config. Then delete the original config file, and save the edited config file.

Also write protect the file again, uptil today the file has not changed. Can't work out why, but so far so good.

I have also had to edit the config file in a text editor, for different reasons though....

for some reason it wouldn't add -5 to the end of the file extension so it wouldn't load the right default machine...WTF!

Probably has something to do with random windows access permission BS.