Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Processor Edit Help

MFG'R

Hello All,

I am attempting to edit the Generic Fanuc 5X.pst file in order to get the proper output for some of the 5 axis toolpaths that we are running. The post gives me good code out of the box but we would like to attempt to program the 5 axis toolpaths with the TCP and 3D cutter compensation commands in the code. I have been looking at this now for two days and after trying a few things I have finally given up before I have a mental melt down. I am sure what I am trying to do is simple and I am overlooking something but if somone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

The main problem that I am having is that we are going from a normal 2D contour to a 5-Axis curve toolpath using the same tool and the null toolchange block is not giving me the proper format. There is a section of this post that is encrypted that contains the post block "psof_tlchg_blck" and I think if I could see this one I would be able to format the output correctly.

Here is what I am getting:

( 5 AXIS MILL 75 DEGREE CONE )

G43.5 H1

M11

M69

X8.94 Y-47.048 Z138.696 C90. A-15.

Z118.696

G1 G41.2 D1 Z108.696

Here is what I want:

( 5 AXIS MILL 75 DEGREE CONE )

M11

M69

X8.94 Y-47.048 Z138.696 C90. A-15.

G43.5 H1 Z118.696 <---Move the G43.5 after the X, Y, Z, C, and A positioning.

G1 G41.2 D1 Z108.696

When I force a toolchanger between these two operations I get what I am looking for but this means that I would always have to remeber to force the toolchange when doing this type of operation. This may be the fix for the time being if I can't figure out anything else.

I appologize if this does not make sense but if anyone has any suggestions I would gladly give more detail or explain as best I can if it helps.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

It does sound like a simple switcharoo of the order in which things are output, but if all that stuff is output from the encrypted section of the post (did you run the debugger to verify this?) there is not much you can do.

A quick email to your reseller and he/she should be able to make those changes, or tell you if they will have to charge you an arm or a leg or both...

I know the post block is in the encrypted section because after searching for it in the post it comes up with no search results other than in other post blocks where it is calling it.

I did contact the reseller and they are looking into a post that already has all of these options built in but I figured in the mean time I would mess with it for a while. At least I am getting some more experience with editing the post processors.