Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change post to FPT from IPM on tapping?

Darin

If your using the mpmaster available for download from this website there is a switch in the post

use_pitch : 0 #0 = Use feed for tapping, 1 = Use pitch for tapping

rigid_tap : 0 #0 = Floating tap output, 1 = Rigid tap output (suppress spindle output and output M29)

If you're not.. download a copy of mpmasterster and copy the appropriate stuff from mpmaster into your post

If your using the mpmaster available for download from this website there is a switch in the post

use_pitch : 0 #0 = Use feed for tapping, 1 = Use pitch for tapping

rigid_tap : 0 #0 = Floating tap output, 1 = Rigid tap output (suppress spindle output and output M29)

If you're not.. download a copy of mpmasterster and copy the appropriate stuff from mpmaster into your post

Great thanks....That was easy..

I will have to edit my post for rigid tapping because it has to be a G84.2 not G84 & the M29 doesn't work with Mazak....Maybe I will just use rigid tapping only. It is nice to be able to have both.

Mazak

1/4-20 standard tapping

N1190 M03 S1000

N1200 G98 G84 Z1.825 R2.975 F.05

1/4-20 rigid tapping

N1190 M03 S1000

N1200 G98 G84.2 Z1.825 R2.975 F.05

Great thanks....That was easy..

I will have to edit my post for rigid tapping because it has to be a G84.2 not G84 & the M29 doesn't work with Mazak....Maybe I will just use rigid tapping only. It is nice to be able to have both.

Mazak

1/4-20 standard tapping

N1190 M03 S1000

N1200 G98 G84 Z1.825 R2.975 F.05

1/4-20 rigid tapping

N1190 M03 S1000

N1200 G98 G84.2 Z1.825 R2.975 F.05

Darin, what controls do your Mazaks have? If they are Fusion or Matrix there's an F parameter that turns on rigid tap any time you're in G84.