Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post is outputting a P0 on all G81 drilling cycles when a dwell is used on a single drilling operation.

huskermcdoogle

Guys,

When I use a dwell value in the G81/G82 drill cycle in the MPMaster Post / MDef I get the proper output for that particular cycle, but every other drill cycle(g81) will then end up with a P0 on the second line... May of just answered my own questions here... Yup, I did, just had to use my brain...

For those that might be interested and searching in the future... You need to modify the following line, replace dwell$ with the portion underlined. Now my question at this point would be how to make the dwell portion modal, and not call it on subsequent points, unless it changes, this much I think is outside of my post modding knowledge. Help on this subject would be appreciated.

Is this what the ! is for instead of the * to force?

pdrill_2$ #Canned Drill Cycle, additional points

pdrlcommonb

pcan1, pbld, n$, pdrlxy, pzout, pcout, pindexdrl, prdrlout, [if dwell$, dwell$],

feed, strcantext, e$

pcom_move

Peace Folks

Husker

Pretty sure all variables (even user created) are modal unless they are formatted with a format statement that contains an "n".

dwell probably gets this

dwell = c9k

at the end of the toolpath or drill cycle or somewhere. That makes dwell = 9999, so on the next op if your dwell is the same as the last you will still get the output. (last dwell was 9999 so this one is different)

all variables (from what I've read) also get a "prv_" value containing the last value of the variable used to check against to determine modality.

the "!" updates the variable and puts the current (before updated) value into prv_

if you put this line before the one you altered

pbld, *prv_dewll, *dwell, e$

you will be able to see whats happenning with it (for debugging purposes)

Now my question at this point would be how to make the dwell portion modal, and not call it on subsequent points, unless it changes

Are you getting the output you want at this point, or is it outputting when it shouldn't be?