Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can't open a Parasolid (kernal error)

edmBosto

I was able to open this exact file last week (x_t), but now I cannot because I get a parasolid kernal error. I am using mill 3 and have solids available. I know if you are in design, one cannot open a parasolid.

The original file was made in Key Creator.

Maybe I am not giving enough info. Any good ideas? Maybe I'm missing a DLL file?

Thanks in advance for any good answers.

Cheers

I was able to open this exact file last week (x_t), but now I cannot because I get a parasolid kernal error. I am using mill 3 and have solids available. I know if you are in design, one cannot open a parasolid.

Maybe I am not giving enough info. Any good ideas? Maybe I'm missing a DLL file?

Cheers

You can open parasolid files in Design without solids. So that's not the reason. My best guess is that the file has corrupted. Do you have it on a USB-stick, or has it been in one?

Try to open the file in KeyCreator. Also you can open KeyCreator files directly to Mastercam, without the need of translating them to something else.

Cheers

Odds are it was not the exact same file.

I've seen this error happens when the exporting system has exported a version of Parasolid that is ahead of the version supported in your version of Mastercam.

If KeyCreator exports as v22 and Mastercam is only supporting V21 you probably won't be able to read it.

Thank you for all the help and quick replies.

I really do not get to use the computer much but logged into mastercam again today & had seen that I should indeed be able to open a key creator file. I had several located on the company system in my users folder T drive but came up with some other solid errors on each file .CKD when I tried to open them.

Also did a quick search on x_t conversions and didn't see anything helpful yet.

Right now I am just drawing new solids in Mcam and throwing toolpaths to the geometry.

The pc was recently moved without me knowing, and ever since then I have had the mentioned topic problems.

The IT guy that comes in once a week finally set me up where I can save files in my users folder.

Again, everything was fine before all this so I will talk to the IT guy for starters.

So the fun continues.

Try this

Open command prompt by clicking Start -> Run and type:

cmd[enter]

then change directory by typing:

cd "C:\Program Files\mcamx5\common\SWORKSDATA"

Then run this command:

regsvr32 SWDocumentMgr.DLL

You're in X4, that may not work for you.

Can you try saving out of KC as an earlier version parasolid.

If you're opening version newer than X4 cam open, that may be where the issue lies.

• 2 months later...