Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 AXIS CUT

dforsythe

MCX 5 MU1

Haas with 5axis trunion

I tried drawing two lines and projecting them around the angled surface. Then I used swarf and chained the lower and upper rail. The toolpath look terrible. The vector seem to slowly change and it is gouging in the corners. The front rad appears to have large scallops. I was wondering what a good setting for wall following method is. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Damian

post-21978-0-92315900-1319823188_thumb.gif

post-21978-0-02465300-1319823336_thumb.gif

post-21978-0-09711400-1319823689_thumb.gif

whats your tool axis control set to? try lower rail or try tilt lines created at the suface intersections. if you use tilt lines, chain them from the bottom up or the ytool will come from the bottom. works backwords

edit. have you tried morgh between to curves? that tool path will do about anything