Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas 4th Rotary

Manuel0822

Are you wanting to reverse the direction of the cut or the rotation?

If you want to change the direction of the cut use the chain manager to switch the direction on the chain, if you want to reverse the rotation reset the rotary direction in the "rotary axis combination" CW/CCW.

sorry, the 4th is laying on the X axis.

I'm using the rotary 4th axis from the multiaxis paths, so there is no chain, using surfaces. The rotations on the 4th axis are fine, what I need is change the order the toolpath is generated as I want the cut to go from the left to the right or from out the stock and getting closer to the 4th axis chuck.

I couldn't figure out hot to tell it where to starts and it defaults on the right side, which is closer to the chuck, leaving it this way is giving me some rigidity issues.

Any idea how to change it?

The rotary multiaxis toolpath doesn't have a way to change the direction.

If you want to stick with the multiaxis toolpaths you could use the morph between curves, the toolpath direction of cut and rotation will be controlled by the order and direction you select the curves. Toolaxis control can be set to use the center of rotation and locked down to output as 4axis.

rotary path, check surface normals, comp left or right, and climb or conv. cut. You should be able to get it to go left to right, not right to left. You may have to make some dummy surface to drive or comp to to get it right.

Try a simple cylinder for drive and your others (part) for comp.

Morph did work fine but needs a little more to be defined in order to work. i was just hoping there was something on my rotary paths that would fix the cutting order as it was simpler to program than morph.

Thanks for the help, I hope somebody else can give us some other ideas about this one.

When a Rotary 4 axis path is needed, I will use a 5ax multi surface, locked to 4.

I typically create a clean cylinder surface as the drive, then project to the surfaces I want to cut.

I have the direction and cut control of a flowline.

If you try this method, you'll have better luck if you convert everything to surfaces instead of solids.