Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Final Finish Pass Option Question - Depth Cut and Multipass Combined?

huskermcdoogle

Guys,

Is there currently a way to have the final depth of cut finish pass and the final Multi Pass finish pass be done at the same time without creating a new contour operation. Currently the only way that it seems to output is the final depth cut then it outputs the final Multi Pass. I know this seems elementary, but I hardly ever write a program that I don't end up at least once having to create a separate finishing routine. Same deal with speeds and feeds for finish passes.

Or should this become an enhancement request?

Husker

Guys,

Is there currently a way to have the final depth of cut finish pass and the final Multi Pass finish pass be done at the same time without creating a new contour operation. Currently the only way that it seems to output is the final depth cut then it outputs the final Multi Pass. I know this seems elementary, but I hardly ever write a program that I don't end up at least once having to create a separate finishing routine. Same deal with speeds and feeds for finish passes.

Or should this become an enhancement request?

Husker

As far as I know there is no way to do this .

Yeah, seems like you should be able to combine the two as one finish pass, but I haven't been able to figure out how, either. Only way is another operation, which is fine for one timey. but doing it over and over through dozens of operations suks! I've always wondered why it works this way. Seems to me there should be a check box for "final depth & final pass at same time".