Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple posts

Good day to you all and Happy New Year!

I have a quick and probably stupid question but here goes.

Is there a way to run 2 posts at the same time? Like a linking post.

Why I am asking is that my company used to use Uniapt to program parts. When they posted a program, it would kick out an NC file, as well as what they called a "readout", basically a printout of the program with notes.

We have finally gotten the company to switch to Mastercam X5.

Alot of our machines are old and can't take comments. So I was wondering if there was a way I could take my post, for instance, my Mpmaster post, and make a copy of it and remove all comments from it, then have 1 linking post that when I generate, it runs the code through both the regular MpMaster for the "readout" and through the "copy post" with no comments for the program? I asked my reseller and they don't think it can be done. I think it can.

Any ideas?

Thanks much

Todd Saladyga

Hi Todd,

I can confirm to you that what you want to do is possible. All you have to do is to call from the ppost$ block, the command that launch the execution of the mp.dll and give the second post you want to be run.

If I'm not clear let me know and I'll try to gather a quick example.

Andre

I have done what you are saying with mi/mr values were the post spit out code for 3 different fanuc machines. Depending on the machien I would use a mi trigger to have it spit out code one of 3 ways. One was with comments one was without comments and the 3rd was supporting 5 axis pivot positioning.

There is also just using the old post based set-up sheets we had for years. Do like Andre is saying and then call one of the old ones that gives very specific information. Last option would be use the Dynamic Reports and tailor it to your needs.

HTH

Hi Todd,

I can confirm to you that what you want to do is possible. All you have to do is to call from the ppost$ block, the command that launch the execution of the mp.dll and give the second post you want to be run.

If I'm not clear let me know and I'll try to gather a quick example.

Andre

Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Can you show me where I can find the mp.dll?

Todd