Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Misc Integer Labeling Error

Reko

Hi,

I have added a change to my post using a misc integer and it work fine.

However, when I try to label it in the control definition is does not allow the edit... it says "**System Text Active - The Text is Not Editable**"

Attached is a screenshot of the error:

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Hmm, never run into that one myself. Did you try starting from a blank mastercam file, loading the machine def and then making the change?

Alternatively you can change this text at the bottom of your pst file. If you open the pst there should be a section called [CTRL_MILL|DEFAULT] (or generally CTRL_PRODUCT|CONTROL NAME). Change the misc value text here and reload the machine def in mastercam and you should be good to go!

Hmm, never run into that one myself. Did you try starting from a blank mastercam file, loading the machine def and then making the change?

I tried that. It's still locked.

Alternatively you can change this text at the bottom of your pst file.

That worked! Thank you.

The problem still exists though, because when I go into the control definition, the line I added to the post itself does not show up in the misc. integer list within the control definition, even though it shows up when programming.

Also, every time I post a program, it has to run through loading all of the variables... this takes 15-20 seconds... it's like the control definition isn't in synch with the post.

Could the control definition be locked somehow?

Update.

I'm not really sure what the problem was, but I deleted the control file, machine definition file, and the post file... then brought them all back in again from MX5 and everything works fine. Perhaps something was corrupt.

It's all good now... thank you Chris, for your help. :cheers:

Reko/Chris,

That error usually results from trying to edit the 'Default settings for Control Type'.

When you create a Control Definition, you are linking a bunch of settings to a specific Post Processor. In addition to a linked Post, there is a Default Settings option. These are the settings that will be inherited every time you add a new Post to the Control Definition File.

I always recommend setting up the Default Settings, otherwise when you add a new Post (or use the same Post, but put it in a different location), the newly linked Post will not have the correct settings in the Control Definition.