Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Randomly changing parameters

Aeroguy

Anyone else having this problem ?

I create a toolpath with certain Z depth paramters, calculate it, and it looks fine. I then go ahead and create a few more toolpaths, and then when I go and verify the whole thing, a few of the cutter paths simply changed the Z depths to either higher or lower than it was originally. I go back into the parameters and they are all what I had originally input, recalculate the paths, and then it is back to what is was supposed to be. This has happened on more than one occassion to me.

Very weird... and dangerous as well.

• Like 1

It seems to me that you are just not understanding. Feedrates and speeds have nothing to do with this. For some reason it randomly changes the Z DEPTHS in my toolpaths. Mostly 2D contour and 2D HSM, but I have seen it screw around with some of my surfacing paths as well (although not very often). There is no reason for this as far as I can tell. I didn't change anything, the path didn't go dirty, I didn't recalculate, it just changes itself.

And I am running X5 MU1

It seems to me that you are just not understanding. Feedrates and speeds have nothing to do with this. For some reason it randomly changes the Z DEPTHS in my toolpaths. Mostly 2D contour and 2D HSM, but I have seen it screw around with some of my surfacing paths as well (although not very often). There is no reason for this as far as I can tell. I didn't change anything, the path didn't go dirty, I didn't recalculate, it just changes itself.

And I am running X5 MU1

I've experienced similar issues but it may not be thesame with depth cut parameters causing interference in finish passes on several toolpaths. I found that sometimes when I create a new path the default parameters for depth cuts are on with a whatever for roughing and whatever for finishing, but I turn it off because i just want one pass, or all at one depth, but.... even though the depth cut checkbox is "off" sometimes for no reason (not all the time) the value of the finish depth is still used to calculate the depth of the whole pass... so it does on pass to full depth minus the value in for finishing in depth cuts despite it being off and greyed out. so I go back in, turn depth cuts on, alter all of the feilds to zero, turn it back off and recalculate which fixes it. this happens at random like you have said.