Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

More problems v9.1 sp1

mark m

Here are some problems i'm having with v9.1 sp1.

1. "can't move entities that solids are dependant on", appears when trying to copy chain of lines/arcs to another level. I can 'move' to another level but not copy. Very strange. frown.gif

2. When filleting small edges on solid 'holes' appear in the solid as though the edges have disappeared. This doesn't always happen. eek.gif

3. When changing levels in levels manager and selecting a level with a solid sometimes solid doesn't appear. I have to switch back to another level then reselect solid level for solid to appear. eek.gif

4. When using a surface restmill toolpath i have cut depths set at min:-z-0.5, max:-z-47.0, 'one other operation' selected and a circle mill toolpath selected in the right hand window. The tool goes to z-47.0 depth first. Help.. confused.gif

There are obviously some issues with v9.1 sp1, are these issues with sp1 or v9.1 or both. Is it worth going back to v9 or will we get a bug fix sometime soon. smile.gif

Something is wrong with verify in sp1.

After i added the bounding box and i verified, if i use the same tool for diffrent depth (let's say i make a pocket in z-20,and the i do another one in z0),the tool doesn't go to the clearance and crash in the wall mad.gif

i marked the "stop on collision" but it doesn't stop.it should touch the wall at all!i set the clearence to z100.

mad.gif

biggrin.gif

[ 07-07-2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: elad ]

quote:

When changing levels in levels manager and selecting a level with a solid sometimes solid doesn't appear. I have to switch back to another level then reselect solid level for solid to appear.

This one I know was an issue since 9SP1 (I don't remember if this was happening in 9.0). I haven't played around enough with 9.1sp1 to see any of the others you've mentioned....

[ 07-07-2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

+1 to Ezra!

quote:

This one I know was an issue since 9SP1 (I don't remember if this was happening in 9.0).

I use Ramsaver - can be very timeconsuming .

Something simillar can happen when you don`t have a level with surfaces chosen for drive or check visual and do the command show surfaces .

Well more weird stuff happening. Using the above mentioned surface restmill toolpath, i edited the toolpaths using toolpath editor, i took away some of the passses and added some points for clearance etc. When i backplotted to see the results the tool was invisible. eek.gif To get the tool to reappear i had to select 'show tool', step thru backplot, select'show tool'to change back to 'y', then the tool appered in the backplot. When i verified the toolpath in truesolid the tool overcuts confused.gif

I need to lie down for a while... frown.gif

Not a bug but a bit annoying.

If you made surfaces from solid ,put them on the other level,turn off solid level and took your surfaces as geometry ,during toolpath calculation MC shows the parent solid like it`s geometry taken into account! biggrin.gif

Iskander teh disturbed !