Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface High Speed toolpaths

Pilot Plant Supervisor

Is there a way to force the Waterline finish pass to machine from inside out instead of outside in? I have a part with angled surfaces that radius into a shape that is cut through the part. The through shape is at 90 deg. to the top surface. The shallow angled sections are around 7.5 deg. and the depth and radii vary along the shape. The problem I am having is poor surface finish on the shallow angled surfaces because the Waterline finish pass machines from the outside in. This causes a conventional cut situation on the shallow angle flats and climb cut on the radii. The finish on the radii is great and polish free. I tried to limit the toolpath by depth and by angle but with the depth and radii varying I can't come up with a satisfactory toolpath. If I could finish from inside out, it would climb cut all the way. I also tried the Hybrid finish pass and it was much more efficient, but it changed directions on the surfaces and it really looked bad.