Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programming Question for MIYANO BNJ-42SY AND OR BNJ-515SY3

ChrisD

Good Morning everyone.

I am in the middle of modifying a post processor for the two Miyanos that we have in house here. I have tried contacting the machine dealer but it is taking forever and I thought I would ask here if anyone is currently programming these types of machines (either with CAM software or Manually) , it doesn't matter. I am trying to see if I would be able to control or synchronize the right spindle's -C- axis with the program from the "left side". I know this sounds weird. but anyone who runs these machines would kind of know what I am talking about,( they are a unique machine that's for sure). If any one can help me with this with some sample code if they can that would be great. If not, then I'll see about trying to contact our dealer.

Thanks

Chris D.

Thank you Millman ,

My bad. I said I was in the middle of writing the post.

The truth is I am already 90% done the post myself. I just need to add the custom m-codes in as per the operator's preference. This issue I am having is resolved in the fact that I can use wait codes and manual entry to get around this. It is not a post issue, it is a machine/control issue that I am trying to resolve. If I can get around this issue, it will make programming the lathe easier.

Chris

Chris, Okay then do a search under my name for wait codes. I did some different things over the years with codes. Best thing you can do to get help here is to post up what you get from Mastercam with example of what you are doing to get the current code. Then post up what you would like it to look like. I will try to help you out and might do it wrong, and when I do then one of the really smart people on here can help you out.

Basic questions have you looked at the MPLMaster for any ideas? Do you understand String methods in the post file?

Ron

Thanks for your reply and your offer of help Ron.

I really do appreciate it.

Yes I do understand strings and such and I got alot my ideas from the MPLMASTER post. I will explain what I am trying to ask. I do not want post processor code or help, although I may later on). I just need code that actually needs to be on the machine control itself to do the c axis moves from the left hand ( or HEAD 1 Program). I have contacted the Miyano Support line to no avail at this point and was just wondering if anyone had experience with this machine and doing that kind of work. I have the post ready to go, I just want to see if there is a different way to activate my subspindle on the machine without having to use left and right programs. Once I have that figured out, then I can modify the post to suit.

Wait codes and everything we need for the post, I have already taken care of.

Thanks

Chris D.