Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OKUMA 4th axis

Just got a new Okuma Mill with 4th axis and we're trying to get the 4th axis going but it looks like this machine needs the M15/M16 on each line were a 4th axis pos is being output. Problem is the post would not compensate for the 4th going from CW to CCW.

Eg. If I program

M21 (UNLOCK)

M15

G00 G90 G15 H1 A0. X-1.5 Y.5 S1500 M03

A90.

A-90.

M20 (LOCK)

the Machine will go to A90., then to A270. on the same CW direction, unless I enter an M16 before my A-90. It ain't a big deal for indexing but it will suck if we try to engrave a part. Is there a setting on the Mill that we turn off so it will go either way? or we'll we need to get our post mod to do this??

If I need to get the post modified, where would I start? using the MpMaster.

You need to talk to Inhouse. The MPMaster Okuma post does what you need. I assume it is the MPMaster Okuma post you are using? Although from memory, I had a bit if trouble with it. (It is has been a while since I used/programmed the rotary axis on our MB56)

Check with Okuma as well. I have a feeling you can actually switch off the M15/M16 function, though don't quote me on that.