Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Check Turret postion

GoetzInd

Hey Guys,

We have one machine here (Fanuc 18iTB y axis lathe) that does not care where the turret is when it indexes, therefore opening up the possibility of indexing while near the work or in an interference zone. Other machines we have with the same control will not allow the turret to index unless in 1st or second home position. What I am trying to do is add some sort of automatic check that the turret is in home, or second home position before indexing. I do not have access to the ladder and the builder will not give me the password. I could easily write a macro to check position but that would not help me when operators are setting up the machine. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Mike

Hey Guys,

We have one machine here (Fanuc 18iTB y axis lathe) that does not care where the turret is when it indexes, therefore opening up the possibility of indexing while near the work or in an interference zone. Other machines we have with the same control will not allow the turret to index unless in 1st or second home position. What I am trying to do is add some sort of automatic check that the turret is in home, or second home position before indexing. I do not have access to the ladder and the builder will not give me the password. I could easily write a macro to check position but that would not help me when operators are setting up the machine. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Mike

I am thinking that is a Builder question. It could possibly be a keep relay parameter that might tell the machine ladder to not index the turret without being home. You might get lucky and have a ladder option sheet in with the ladder diagram or the electrical documents. It would be a MTB manual, not a fanuc manual. I don't think the purebred fanuc side would be controlling that.

It could possibly be a keep relay parameter that might tell the machine ladder to not index the turret without being home.

The ladder is password protected and the builder will not pass it out for "liability" reason. Looking for another way to skin the cat.

Mike

If you're talking about control when in Jog mode (EG. checking for where the turret is when the operator presses the turret rotate button on the control panel) then AFAIK the only way to do that is using the ladder.

Won't the MTB at least quote for doing the modification?

Or try and find out the password from other companies with the same machine.

Doosan 2000SY

Mike

Mike,

Look in the parameter manual in the back cabinet door on that machine - should be a blue binder with the parameter backup disk and all the factory parameter / calibration info. Look in the back and see if you can find reference to the keep relay that controls where the turret indexes. I looked in the book for our 2600Y and couldn't find anything. If you cannot find it in your book, I have a couple of really good contacts at Doosan's home office in Jersey and they can help you out. If you need their info, email me at [email protected]

-Dan