Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Copy Operation with Cad File Geometry Fail

Mjölnir

When I copy a HSM operation that uses a STL file for geometry and I either delete or select a different STL file in the new copy of the op, the original operation goes dirty too with either an absent or different STL file. WTF? There's obviously a parent <-> child relationship that should not exist bug in Mastercam causing this and it has been around since at least version X5. Since I refuse to believe I'm the only person running into this I never submitted a bug report in hopes it would eventually get reported and fixed. Sorry for having better things to do with my employers time than chase software issues, my bad. Said bug report will get submitted to QC, hopefully soon.

In the mean time, anybody got a work around for this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the mean time, anybody got a work around for this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An ugly one you can lock first operation

Well colour me silly! Since I haven't had the habit of locking operations in many versions of Mastercam now, I never thought of it. And you're absolutely right, it's an ugly work around since geometry selection in the original operation still gets hosed. But it's a work around. Thanks!