Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

levels and colors

bamavick

Is there anything I can do to link levels and colors together like in AutoCad. It would make things easier for what I do if I could easily change levels and color at the same time. I use the get from main button now which seems to be the easiest way but I dont always have a starting entity on the screen.

YOU CAN KEEP colors levels and other attributes specific to some kind of entities

It is called entity attributes and you`ll find it inside of attributes definitions

Not the same way as autocad but very useful too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RTFM

Entity Attributes Manager dialog box

Use this dialog box to specify level, color, style, and width attributes for specific entity types. For example, you can define lines as level 1, blue, and dashed. Each time you create a line, it is automatically created in level 1 in blue, and uses the dashed line style.

Notes:

To manage entity attributes for your current file, access the Entity Attributes Manager from the Attributes dialog box.

To set system startup default values, access the Entity Attributes Manager from the CAD Settings property page in the System Configuration dialog box.

The background color of the Attributes button changes to red when the Entity Attributes Manager is active. A tooltip displays your settings when you roll your mouse over the button so you do not have to open the Entity Attributes Manager to see them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I usually keep all dimensions with the same level and color

HTH

BR

Thanks, I have tried to use that before but with the way I'm trying to set our standard up for everybody to use its just not the way I want to do things. Like I tell everydody, MasterCam is not AutoCad and AutoCad is not MasterCam... There's just some things that won't work the same way.. oh well, I will just have to do things a little different.

Where can I learn more about writing c-hooks and vbscript?

As far as using viewsheets I did start out trying to set everything up like that but to be honest I thing it was going to be to complicated for some of our designers. I have to keep it as easy as possible for some people. Hope I'm not the only one that has to think like this. I'm actully just setting everything up using Level Sets and its working out fairly well. I'm trying to update all our standards so that we can start having everybody use MasterCam. We have been using a software called CadKey for probably 20 years. This is proving to be a difficult task since we have a bunch of files as .ptn files and .prt files that are hard to work with. I think in the long run we will be much better designing in MasterCam since the design aspect has come a long way these past few years.