Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating Custom Profile Tools in Mill

jimspac

Hello,

I am currently working in X3 MU1 and am having hit or miss results creating custom profile endmills. I have looked at the files in Mill\Tools and have tried to create along the line of how these standard tools are drawn. I have tried to use custom file or custom layer when building tools in Tool Manager.

When using Custom file, what geometry/criteria is needed to make it work? I have seen open profiles with no centerline, some with and without defining dimensions.

Any help here is greatly appreciated

Draw in Top. X+ Y+ quadrant

If you use a centerline it must be dashed.

Make sure there is a top line and that it's all trimmed together.

Is the actual centerline attribute not acceptable? I spent an entire afternoon trying to make this simple tool and I made more complicated tools than this one. My company is transitioning over to Siemans NX and so far it seems to have some great features along with all the complexities. I do not have the confidence to jump into programming in it yet just after basic mill and lathe training