Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6Mu1 Save some - stl

MrFish

If I use save some and select a solid model in my current part file then try to save it as a .stl file , it does not work and just saves a X6 file. Going to send this to QC but thought I would share as well.

p.s. work around is to save the solid then open it then resave as a.stl a bit more long winded and a pain having to close files etc but works

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Works for me...

I've used it at least a dozen times in the last week.

I usually hide everythign else, file, save some, select my solid (pre-selection does not work), give it a name and voila. Works like a charm.

Works for me...

I've used it at least a dozen times in the last week.

I usually hide everythign else, file, save some, select my solid (pre-selection does not work), give it a name and voila. Works like a charm.

Interesting, If I isolate the part on a sperate level and make it the only thing visible then it works fine, but if there is other geometery on the screen it doesn't .

I also use this all the time and have never seen that before, will do some more testing before I send to QC.

Thanks

Scrub that, it is to do with when you select it to be an stl file in the save as type drop down. If you change the name then select the drop down it works. Other way around and it doesn't , as if it is losing the .stl format when I change the file name even though it is not visible.