Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Extract coordinates of a point in Analyze

kathy

Hello everyone!

I've never been able to get this to 'work' (and I am reserving that I may be doing somthing wrong..)

I have several similar panels and I'm moving around holes using Analyze. So I right click in say, the Y field, mc takes me to the graphics window with the point menu active. I pick the new y coordinate location and nothing happens . I would expect to be returned to the Analyze dialog box so I can continue. No I have to hit the escape key, I get another anoying dialog box asking me if I want to save my changes (of course yes or I wouldn't be doing this exersize) and I have to restart Analyze!

Kathy

And to pre-ward off the "Isn't it nice that mc gives you the option of not saving changes in case you picked the wrong location" - I say this bigggg rasberry (I bet I can do it as good as Rekd's son). If I picked the wrong location and I was right back where I started I would just pick again!

cool.gif

I have a NVIDIA Quadro2 Pro card with 64 megs of ram. The os is win2k.

The open gl buttom is greyed out in Mastercam's config.

I turned the acceleration down a notch, but still haven't got it to work!

There are rumors of new computers this fall. I know Pat speced out this card for our cad systems. I'll check out the NVIDIA Quadro 4.

Thanks, Kathy

Your OpenGL button is grayed out because you've got shading on. Having this on forces OpenGL to be on. Turn off shading (and not just with Alt-S - by going into the Shading params and turning the checkbox off) and then disable this checkbox. Maybe that'll help narrow down the list of culprits.

PDG

[ 07-21-2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: ProductDevelopmentGuy ]

Hey PDG, I would like to turn off OpenGL as you describe, But when shading is not active and the the check box is not grayed out, it is not checked. But with shading active, it is grayed out and checked! Leaving me with no way to uncheck it when it is checked. Am I missing something?

Sorry Kathy for jumping in on your thread...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hello "T".

The reason you cannot uncheck it when you have shading active is because for shading to be active you have to have OpenGL active.

If you have it unchecked when you first start up your system with no part and no shading active then you have the opportunity to force it on or off(unless it's required by making shading active). Boy that was a mouthful. Hopefully it was clear.

Thanks James. I guess I did'nt understand that OpenGL was required to shade on mc. I thought that unchecking (while not shaded) would make it not use OpenGL when shaded. I appreciate your response. My only interest is to make my system more stable. I have read that unchecking OpenGL did this.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

"T",

It "can" make a system more stable but it's greates benefit (from my experience thus far) is that it speed things up. Case in point; toolpath appears and disappears with it off for me when I press Alt+T but when I have OpenGL active, MC actually "Draws" the toolpath taking substantially longer.