Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Material Definition

tsaladyga

Okay, After much anguish, I need to know. Can Mastercam drive Speeds and Feeds based on Materials? I tried to set it up, but when I toolpath, it comes out wrong. Can someone explain to me how the formulas work?

We have 30 machines with an average tool matrix of 120 tools, we machine 30 different materials. If I had to make tool libraries for each material, I wouldn't get any work done.

What I would like to do, is be able to have my guys pick the appropriate material for a given job and let the material set the speeds and feeds based on the SFM I set up for each tool type.

Thanks again as I often ask you guys for help.

Todd

Each material you set a standard SFM and chip load. Then each different tool is a percentage of that setting. I usually set the default for HSS. Say you have it set for 200 SFM and .005 chip for HSS. If you set carbide to 200% for both, you get 400SFM and a .010 chip. HTH

Thanks Storkman,

I think that helps. I just wish I could set a straight SFM and Chipload for each material for each toolpath type. Then I wouldn't have to play the percentage game.

I 'll play around a bit to see if I can get the output desired.

Todd