Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Fine torque sensing funcing

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know anything about the fanuc fine torque sensing parameters in an 18i series control? I am thinking about creating a Macro to limit machine rapid speed and limit the axis torque for our turning centers to add extra safe guard for our less experienced set up people. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

If I remember correctly. The torque sensing is a % load on that axis drive motor. To set it you need to know what load you are creating while rapid motion feed etc. So at full rapid you may see 75% load constant, but at F50. you may only see 10%. So on a rapid line set the torque limit to 85%, but the same motion at F50 set it to like 25%. I think you can set it on a per line basis. So its great for chuck to chuck transfer, bar positioning etc. I also used it a couple times to "probe" the end of a bar, it was accurate within +/-.003. But as a safety I've never used it. Used safety zones in parameters, unfortunately that was a few years back & can't comment accurately. I sorta remember setting a rough X&Y grid in the parameters to define the chucks & same for both turrets, thats as far as I went. But I think you could get into defining the tool blocks & tools. Someone else here has done it, just gotta wait for them to ring in.