Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Haas VF3 Help

Philcott

Can anyone help?

Our Haas guy is off on a training course and we have just had a glitch. The tool arm has stuck into position after changing tools. The new tool is in the spindle but has not clamped into place and the arm is still in place. Any help would be appreciated.

Phil

yes tool changer restor i take it you have the side carosel with the swing arm right???if so follow instructions and at some point it will tell you a button to keep pushing over and over and it will pulse the arm forward or backward to get the arm home and yes it should remember you tool position..if it dosnt you update on the tool page but ive done this about 4 times and the tools were correct

[ 07-23-2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: MACHINEMASTERG ]

'Rekd,

Do you mean it won't remember the tool pocket? If it doesn't remember do you just put it in a blank spot and tell the control that tool number is in the pocket? It freaks me out hoe it puts tools in any old pocket at random.

Phil

We got it. Thanks for the replying. I hate to just push a button and see what happens without having an idea it will do what I want.

Once again the forum comes through for me. Even with the odd name calling spat this is a great place to be a member.

Phil

This is amazing,,Phil what did you do to my Haas?

The tool got stuck while the wheel was out.

I was able to unclamp the tool and bring the spindle up.

So now ,,my tool bay door is open,, and the wheel is still all the way to the right.I have an alarm that says that the servos are off.

How do I get the wheel (or carosel) to go to the left?

We got it. Thanks for the replying. I had to open the back and change some fuses,, then all of the reset - tool restore stuff started working

Once again the forum comes through . Thanks to Phil for posting his problem because I would not have thought to bring this question up here, and to Rekd for sticken with me.

Scott

A few months back I learned another neat little Haas trick that's worth sharing. Those of you that spend hours at the control might like this ...

In just about any mode (handle jog, MDI, edit, memory, etc.) you can select an axis on the regular ABC keypad, and press the home/g28 button. Machine zero's that axis at rapid rate. tongue.gif

quote:

I hate to just push a button and see what happens without having an idea it will do what I want

C'mon! Thats half the fun of running expen$ive machinery.

Consider it an exercise in improving your reaction time for hitting the big red stop button! biggrin.gif

Romer

quote:

In just about any mode (handle jog, MDI, edit, memory, etc.) you can select an axis on the regular ABC keypad, and press the home/g28 button. Machine zero's that axis at rapid rate.

I found this last year. Very handy, albeit un-documented, feature.

Has anybody seen the new keyboards? We've got a VF3 with 40 tool side mount turret, and it's got soft-touch (extended) keys. They're so touchy, if you swipe your hand in front of the keypad too quickly, the turbulance will activate the keys! eek.gif .

It's awsome. My fingers used to get sooo tired after a day of dit dit dit.

'Rekd teh "Close your eyes and push the green button"

[ 07-24-2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Scott,

quote:

This is amazing,,Phil what did you do to my Haas?

I didn't hex your Haas. It must have been the power of sugestion that the amazing Kresgin used to talk about.

It's good your problem was just the blown fuses?

Phil

'Rekd,

quote:

The one time it happened to me, it reset all the pots.

We didn't loose the tool locations. We just had to call up the two tools involved with the jam in MDI and change their location. That was it. I guess we got lucky.

cmr,

we'll try that tip a bit later today, Thanks.

Romer,

quote:

Consider it an exercise in improving your reaction time for hitting the big red stop button!

I prefer the reaction time improving excercize with the dollar bill between the thumb and index finger. If you are a bit slow with that one you don't hear a sphincter puckering crunch.

Phil

quote:

yes rekd i know what you mean buy the new buttons then being so touchy on our vf-4 but on our toolroom mill same touch screen but have to push them hard ... dont get it could there be a sensitivity setting somewhere in the parameters ????

There might be. Has the TRM allways been like that? If you find out lemme know. I think even with the touchyness, I'd prefer it that soft. biggrin.gif Makes it look like you know what you're doing when you don't have to concentrate on making a damn button push correctly by hitting it in just the right spot. biggrin.gif

'Rekd teh I'm not lazy, I'm effecient!