Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surfaces

Joels

Hello, I am using Mastercam X4 M3 and i am trying to create additional surfaces. is there a way to do it fast? right now i am picking the geometry for the surfaces but it is very time consuming. Any ideas to speed this up? I am working 12 hours a day plus 6 on saturday so i will check this on my phone.

Thanks for your help or ideas?

Yea, models come in from the customer, we make the program and it goes on the machine as soon as we are done. Some guys here make a line in the center of a .047 wide groove and make the surface that way. The groove is not flat so I am using ruled surface but picking the geometry is what I am having problems with. So I need a way to simplify picking the geometry so I can create surfaces.

Not sure what you are looking for but here is some basic information.

Assuming you have a solid you can create surfaces from the solid on a separate level. This allows you to extend a surface if required for machining purposes.

I always use 2d tool paths when ever possible as they are much faster. So always have edges created on your solids if they do not come in that way, this will allow you to drive some of you tool paths.

Posting a file or screen shot of what you are trying to machine will get you a lot more help if you are allowed to do so in your company.

Good luck.