Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cutting a cam from a spline toolpath

xycnc

I search this topic and The latest i could find was from X4. Was hoping maybe X6 would be better. I have a part that is a cam and its geometry is a spline. Part calls out for a very smooth finish. Was wondering what i have to do to make it smooth. I was thinking that there was a convert splines to arcs. But didn't know one if that would do it or two if i was wrong. Part is S7 and appox 30 X 32. Any pointers would be greatly apprciated. Thanks in advance.

Well right now I am just trying to rough the part out so im not to concerned with finish. But thought i would at least have the chance to see what I could get before it is the finish pass. I am going to be using just a 2d finish pass I think. I have been playing around a little bit trying to turn it to arcs. I think i got that. I guess another question is if i play with my filters to much how much will it affect my toolpath from the origanal? will see if i can atleast post some of the file. thanks agian for your help. It doesnt help that the part is bigger than machine table. but Im sure we have all been there.