Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New HAAS 5 axis trunion

Hi everyone,

My shop just bought a used (2004 model) HAAS 5 axis trunion table Mill, I will be the programmer for this machine and do not have alot of 5 axis programming experience.

I will be using MCX4 with the generic HAAS 5axis post that comes with it. I am some what familar with editing post and would like to know if anyone is using this post, and what chages may have been done to increase perfomance.

Thank You

I had problems with the 5 axis drilling on that post. Just make sure any time you work with something new to have your finger on that feed hold button. What was happening was that it would go to A90. and B45. Then for the next hole instead of rotating to B90. it would go up to A-90. and B something. In the process it would have crashed the part right through my tool and that wouldn't have been good.

I would suggest contacting your reseller, with some simple info about the machine.

With a new machine tool in your shop, I would somewhat expect the reseller to drop by and spend a couple hours with you once the machine is up and running.

Let them know what you expect/want.

It is always a great idea to have as close of relationship as possible with your reseller, and having a new machine tool up and running is a great excuse to have them over for coffee, post mods!

This will get the ball rolling for you and familiarize your reseller with your situation (thinking of the future).