Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feed Plane Defaulting

SpazMachine

I just got the upgrade from version 8 to version 9. Good times, almost. One thing is left for me to sort out.

In version 8 on the first toolpath I could set the feedplane where it needed to be (I work with Z0 at the bottom of the part) then every operation after that would take the feed plane from the operation before it. It worked great.

Now in 9 it isn't the same. I have to remember to change the feed plane for every single operation and it is only a matter of time before I miss one. I looked all over for a check box that would take care of it but I can't find one and I can't even think of a term to search the help for.

Does anyone know off hand how I can take care of this?

Cody

I have not seen this problem with my version of 9.1 sp1 you need to check out which version you are using. You may need to get all of the patches and fixes and see if that help frist.

Second you can try to customize your operational defaults. You need to go to your NC Settings. Then go to your operational Defaults. Click on it that says save. It will then bring you up the toolpath dialog box. This is where you can be very selective of how each operation and how it works for u. I have 8 different ones saved right now. I have one for doing my Z where Z 0 is the top of the part. I have another where Z 0 is in the middle part the bottom and when i am doing tall parts and so forth. It may be setting clearance and retact to absolute or incremental. Allow certain operations to have no clearance etc,etc,...... I also have one for dry machining certain plastics. These of course can be set in materials but I just like the very precise control I can get this way. It will take some time to get them all like you want but when you are in a hurry it sure helps. One little trick go to the folder using windows and copy the origianl and put in a safe place. Next thing is to copy the Defaluts to the names you want each one to be. it makes it alot quicker t omodify than trying to create each on their own.

Good Luck and and you do miss it that one time then your human just like all the rest of us.

quote:

You can use the c-hook prmdef. This will allow you to use the values from the last operation, or to default to the library.

This is exactly what I want, and it works but only for operations of the same kind. All contours will default to the feed place of the contours before it, surface parallel will use the previous parallel toolpaths, etc. I want every single toolpath to take the parameters from the one before it.

I installed Service Pack 1 today and it didn't change it's behavior. So for now I have changed all the operation defaults to a feed plane of 100. That way if I forget to change it I will get an overtravel alarm instead of a broken something or other.

Cody