Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam levels

bucketbot

Hi, I'm using MasterCam X2 and is it just me or the level editor is pure garbage?

Why is it that when I want to display/hide a level, I need to confirm every time. It should be as soon as you check/uncheck, the level display/hides, like every other programs I've used! :wallbash:

Also, why isn't there a color, line style, line width, etc. for each level, that's the main use for levels. Instead, I have to change each of that every time! :wallbash:

I should be able to have that nice level window always open so I can manage levels efficiently.

From what I've read it seems that MasterCam doesn't evoluate over the years. I've used X4, and it seems to me like the same exact thing.

So, is there a way to manage levels more efficiently that I do not know?

Thanks

At some point, X3 or X4(?), they made it so the level manager applied instantly. So on my X6 system you can toggle things on and off and see the results instantly on the screen.

They don't enforce line weight or colors because there's a lot more flexibility that way. It sounds like you're used to Autocad, which is fine for what it is, but it would be frustrating for those of us who use different attributes (colors/lineweights/styles/etc) to differentiate different ops in the same level.

Use the Select Only or Select All (the ALL/ONLY buttons in the middle of the second ribbon bar) to select things by attributes.

"From what I've read it seems that MasterCam doesn't evoluate over the years." MasterCAM is always evolving, anyone who told you otherwise isn't using the latest stuff. It doesn't evolve if you don't upgrade :)

yes I'm used to AutoCad, but it doesnt mean I like it. There's a lot of stuff I hate about it, but the level manager is better (but not the best).

X2 was released in 2007, right? They didnt already have the instant level manager figured at that time? Anyways, I'll stop complaining because it seems they solved that problem. :X

Also, when selecting elements, is there a way to cycle throught when there are multiple elements over each other? Pro-E has the right click, AutoCad the tab and others have ctrl or shift but what does MasterCam have?