Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post for Bostomatic 3200x

rc

Ohhhh, my!

I'm jealous! That's a heckofa machining center you've got there. I've never cut metal on one, but I've cut a lot of graphite on them. Gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling down under. biggrin.gif

Once you get the Contour Optimization and Machining Modes dialed in, you're in for a surprise! That thing smokes for 3d surfacing.

And if I'm not mistaken, Mastercam uses one to test their toolpaths. That's gotta say something about the status of that machine.

I haven't cut real parts from Mastercam on one, but I've cut lots using Cimitron, and it's great. With the customizations available with MC posts, you'll be able to control all the neat little functions in your misc values.

And if you're interested, I made a little VB program that will create canned shapes out of your NC files very nicely. Not sure how well MC does it, but if you're interested, let me know and I'll ship you off a copy of it.

Have Fun with your machine! (And if you're new to the Boston Digital Controller, just be patient... it's not like other run-of the mill machines, but it's very fast, accurate and easy to use ONCE YOU"RE USED TO IT!)

cool.gif

Rekd

Here's the Boston Digital home page

http://www.bostomatic.com

Check them out. I would think that Mastercam would have a post for the 3200X, if they are not too protective of it. I think I remember seeing one on the CD as well. (You'll prolly have to do the misc values for Contour O and Machining Mode yourself tho.)

Some of the things I liked were the ultra high block processing rates... 1100 blocks/second on complex 5 axis parts.

The ability to programmatically control the servo's performance with G codes, (letting you control the balance between acceleration and feedrate, WoW!)

The large, high speed ethernet ready hard drives. (up to 3 megs/minute data processing with TRUE multitasking)

The contour optimization lets you control the machine's adjustment of feedrates to enable faster run times, (very similar to MC's Highfeed option, but built in!)

I could go on for days, but suffice it to say, BD makes an awsome VMC.

Rekd

i've got one (Bost3200X post), but today is saturday and i don't get to go back to work until monday frown.gif .... my email there is [email protected]. itoo am using a

Bosto 3200 on a model 22 machine. it is a good machine but some of the functions on

it don't work. hehe, even the Bosto tech

couldn't get them to work. it isn't very user freindly. email me and i will email that post back to you along with a couple of others that i have that work good with it.