Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help with a 5 axis post

I'm pretty new to post cutomization and editing all together. I've been able to make a few canches to this post to get it really close to what I need, but I'm still having a few things not post the way I would like.

In this case it's a simple 3+2 program that seems to post out redundant rotary axis move when the tool retracts for toolpath repostion. For instance, if I'm doing a profile or a pocket with miltiple depth passes, when it retracts for the next depth it will post a redundant A and C move.

Also, when going from one tool path to the next using the same tool, it will post out another redundant A and C move along with one or even two redundant Z clearence moves at the same Z depth.

I have yet to find where or even if I can make the changes to prevent this.

Here's a snipet of my code.

Simple round profile with multiple depths.

G20
G0 G17 G40 G80 G90 G94
( TOOL - 1 .030"DIA. CARB. FLAT EMILL - RELIEVE .250" MIN. - STICK OUT 1.00" MAX. - USE ER-16 MAX   )
( MILL ENTRY FLAT ON OUTSIDE HOLE 1 )
M11
M27
T1 M6
G15 H1
M115 
M15
Z30.
G0 G90 X-6.2737 Y0. A45. C90. S4000 M3
T2
M10
M26
G56 H1 Z9.1739
Z7.2739
G1 Z7.1602 F10.
G41 D1 Y.01
G3 Z7.1601 J-.01
G1 G40 Y0. Z7.1602
Z7.1464
A45. C90.           <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
X-6.2737 Y0.
G41 D1 Y.01
G3 J-.01
G1 G40 Y0.
Z7.1327
A45. C90.
X-6.2737 Y0.
G41 D1 Y.01
G3 Z7.1326 J-.01
G1 G40 Y0. Z7.1327
Z7.1189
A45. C90.        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
X-6.2737 Y0.
G41 D1 Y.01
G3 J-.01
G1 G40 Y0.
G0 Z9.1739

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wooops, Sorry I failed to mention this is a Custom post provided by our dealer some time ago. It pre dates my involvement with the company that I work for now so I don't know to what extent it's been modified or from what it originated.

Okuma VMC with Tsudokoma T-161 trunion

#1 You should go back to the dealer and ask them for assistance. (Preferred Method)

#2 Are you familiar with the post debugger? Look and see if that section is in the .pst or .psb then you will see what you can do to take care of it or have to go through the dealer. (Non Preferred)

HTH

Hey Crazy, thanks for the reply.

I'm not familiar with the debugger. I've read only here on the forum where people have suggested using it, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.

I'd like to do as much as I can with out having to go to my dealer for two reasons. First, I'd like to get more familiar with post editing, and jumping in with both feet is typically the way I do things. Tha being said, I do know my limits and know when I'm over my head.

Second in the cases I've contacted my dealer with much less complex request I've gotten responses that made me question thier knowledge on the capabilities/limits of the software. Maybe it was just the individual person that I delt with, not sure. :question:

Regardless I figured I'd come here for help first, seeing as I usually get sraight forward answers pretty quickly from the best of the best, people like yourself that are well experienced.

I will, however, contact my dealer and see if there's anything they can do.

Meanwhile any suggestion or help on this will be mcuh appreciated.

With a custom post, it is tough to guess what could be causing this to happen. It could be as simple as forcing rotary output by mistake, or as complicated as using system variables in every custom calculation that was written. It depends on what the person doing the customization did.

Before trying to figure out a complicated post, it would be beneficial to be familiar with the Debug function in Mastercam. It will help you isolate the section of the post that is outputting each line of NC code.

The first area that I would check is to see if the rotary output is being forced at a null tool change.

HTH, and Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...