Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 31i "jump" to a tool...

Niezingerly

Howdy all.

I am running a Fanuc 31i control, and don't know the way to achieve something...

I have a "MAIN" file in CNCMEM named 01234

In this file is a pallet call, then a call for a program named O1111 (O1111 lives in the DataServer).

Program O1111 has 3 long running tools.

I had to stop the cut at the end of the 2nd tool, and restart the MAIN file.

In EDIT, I know how to search to the correct pallet call (in the "MAIN" file), then set the Control to MEM and Single Block, execute the pallet call, then I single block to call up Program O1111.

Here comes my issue...

Once I am "in" Program O1111, I do not want to have to run the first and second tools. I want to "jump" to my 3rd tool, and begin cutting.

When I switch the Control back to EDIT, to search for the Tool #, the "MAIN" file is open in the editor...

I can't seem to be able to search to the tool I want to run, within the "SUB" file living on the Dataserver...

How can this be done?

Also, at each tool call there is a N number, but the rest of the code lines do not have N numbers.

Thanks very much...

Ron, that is the way I have programs set on the Mikron / Heidenhain that I run. Each tool is it's own sub, and it works WONDERFULLY...

Currently, the post and the "procedure" on these Fanuc machines are what they are, and I just have to do what I have to do....

Jason, where on the control would I find this button? I am not seeing anything like that, but I don't know what it should look like...

Thanks guys, very much...

Someone here showed me also that I can input an M99 P(n#) in the sub file, and once the control hit that, it would jump to the N# of that tool, and that did work, but I had to edit the code, which I avoid if at all possible...

Thanks again...