Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe C Axis Drilling

westerfieldc

Hello All, I am currently programming a square part with holes at odd angles to the face for example 70 and 160 degrees. Currently when I do this I create Work Planes in relation to the angled holes and then create separate Milling (not C Axis) Operations for each hole. This works great and does what it is supposed to do. My problem is that after every operation the program outputs a home position move which wastes time. It would seem to me that I should be able to select the holes under one Operation. I have tried to do this using Rotary Axis Control but it throws my holes out of the correct alignment. What am I not thinking of here?

It will work if you did with 5 axis drill in a 4th axis output then it could be one operation as long as they are the same size if using points and lines and incremental they all could be different depths.

Is there any way I could get you to put a example of that on the FTP?

Send me your file and I will glad to put it on your file. Mind if I share it with the forum using your part as a teaching tool?

Sorry I can't send the file, but I did kind of figure out what you said. The only problem I have is it wants to drill the first hole twice. Any Ideas?