Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam to Raster Image

crazy^millman

Ok let me ask what may be a stupid question. I know how to do this using Solidworks, Autocad, and Pro-E but was wondering if Mastercam did it. It is taking a logo and letting design I created in Mastercam and coverting it to a raster image I know how to create a metafile using the chook but I am being asked to creat a raster image I got it done but was wondering if I was missing an easy way to do it Mastercam

Using Mastercam 9.1 sp1 Mill Level 3 with Solids

Crazy Millman

Screen/NextMenu/To clipbrd... paste to 'Paint', save as bmp or jpeg? rolleyes.gif

Or studio shading?

I think I'm missing something. Can these 'raster images' be saved as a jpeg or some other file format to be read by another software?

After saving your logo as a raster image, you can use Adobe Streamline to trace it. wink.gif

I save the files as a iges or parasolid then can create them as a JPEG using Solidworks. The disgner I am working with can convert the files from JPEG to Rastor Using Photshop or Illustrator. The only concern was that if they scaled them it might not be as crisp as I had the original on the parts. I have made it to scale and gone through all the things to email them a JPEG at this point but seen know you can put raster in to create paths was wondering if you could create raster out for program that may be driven by it is all. Apperciate you giving my a repsonse that is good for showing a solid face of parts I have verses showing wireframes when

I plot it out now. I do know the Print Screen and then Import into Word or Excel to print but that is cool also.

Crazy Millam

[ 08-05-2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

Yeah Dxf/Dwg all are good was just curious if Mastercam Supported Raster for an output format not A Big Deal. I appercaite taking the time to look and see.

I didnt put crazy up there for nothing. cheers.gif

I have got so use to using Mastercam that I have been desinging all my models in it and now people want other formats and little rusty on My old days of other program guess I got to get that WD-40 out and lossen the old brain up.

Crazy Millman