Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 X+ Setup Sheet

Thad

I use Z-Max and Z-Min to help the machinist determine the tool length/reach needed for the program. In X2, and even X5 it appears, the Z-Max value is the absolute Z value of the feed plane. For example, if the top of my part is Z0, I have a .1 feed plane and I cut from Z0 to Z-.5, the Z-Max value is Z.1. What I'm seeing in the X6 version is that the Z-Max value is using the clearance plane. Z-Max and Initial Height output the same thing except Initial Height has the (abs) by it. All of my Z-Max heights end up being something like Z3.0, which isn't of much use to anyone.

I've tried using Top of Stock and Feed Plane, but none of them give me what I'm looking for. I'm looking for absolute values of where the toolpath starts and where it ends, like it worked in previous versions.

I sent Gunther a message through the forum two weeks ago and have not heard back. What are you guys doing to get around this? Is this causing a problem for you?

Thad

post-2305-0-54706700-1344524098_thumb.png

post-2305-0-24406400-1344524112_thumb.png