Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas 4th axis and workshift

ricktv2

My part is a cylinder with small holes drilled radially around it and flats machined at various angles. The machine is a Haas with rotary axis rotating about X. I am using the generic Haas 4-axis post. The holes are drilled with a 2D toolpath with rotary positioning. I am defining the flats with toolplanes. When I post, the drills starts at G54 (correct) and drills the correct pattern. When the tool for the flats starts the post switches to the next workshift (G55) and with each subsiquent flat the workshift changes (G56). I can force G54 in parameters by changing the default work offset from -1 to 54. This does work but an alarm is generated during posting. Is there a better way to do this?

If you use the MpMaster post there is a misc value that forces the post to lock onto the first work coordinate value.

The reason your getting multiple work off sets has to due with how a post block called "pwcs" is handling the informatiion.

In the MpMaster post, the switch for miscellaneous integer #9 allows the post to by-pass the the information in the NCI telling it to create a new work offset.