Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Library Setting Not Sticking

Mick

I'm setting the tool library through the Machine definition, under General Machine Parameters/Tool Material Libraries. However, once set and saved, when I restart Mastercam and select the Machine definition, it goes back to the default tool library throuugh the System Configuration. This is in X6 MU2.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, did anyone find a solution?

I've set this kind of thing before and I haven't had this happen.

Mick,

That sounds like a permissions issue.

If you are going through the settings drop down to open the machine definition manager then setting the tool library in the general machine parameters that should set the custom tool library as your default.

Do you get an error warning when you try to save the file?

Can you change other settings in the machine def that don't "stick" as the default?

Are you the only user on that computer?

The files should be located in the shared McamX6 folder located in the documents library. However I have noticed that the read, write, execute functions of the shared documents folder may not allow the user to make changes to the files located there, especially if there is an administrator doing the install. Someone from IT can reset the permissions for the shared doc folders so you can make default settings for those files.

The Tool Library isn't stored in shared McamX6 folder, it is stored in a folder together with the machine and control definition/post. I've never had this issue before, and have set it up in this way many times.

I'll check the permissions etc to see if that could be causing it.

Thanks for the reply.