Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Prog call help

T_MALENA

Hi Guys, I'm wanting to call a main program inside a main program, I'm drawing a blank at the moment. I know I've done it before but cant remember how. I don't want to "schedule" the prog with pselect. Want to be able to see this program in the program select list.

So something like this

Main Programs:

EM1234.MIN

%

(SAMPLE)

G0G90X0Y0

G1

G2

ETC...

M30

%

EM4321.MIN

%

(SAMPLE -2)

G0G90X0Y0

G1

G2

ETC...

M30

%

then the program to call the main programs

BOTH.MIN

%

(RUN BOTH PROG)

CALL EM1234.MIN or (PSELECT EM1234.MIN?)

CALL EM4321.MIN or (PSELECT EM4321.MIN?)

M30

%

Its simple to call the program & have it end as a sub with RTS, and simple to PSELECT with a .SDF but how do you call a functional program inside a program?

TIA

Greg - thats what I was thinking, but coulda sworn I did it before.

Mr.M - I want to be able to program select the same way you call a .MIN program. A .SDF program is called differently. What I have is aprox. 20 programs(that are only ones that run) in a dedicated robot cell, 10 programs are 1st op & 10 are 2nd op. I want to have a program that calls the op10 & op20 robot program so a operator can run it when needed(disable the robot 1st). That way they run the same program as the robot, not having a "robot" prog set & a "manual" prog is the goal.

The robot programs cannot be modified I need to do the changes & program calls with my "new" program.