Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Crash in project to surfaces

Nils N

I’ve had X6 installed and working for sometime now and it’s worked fine, be it for a few glitches. Anyway all of a sudden, last week to be exact, X6 crashes when I try to project on to more that one surface. I use project lines/splines (this was a line I was trying to project) to surfaces a lot and haven’t had a problems till now, anyone have any ideas before I reinstall X6. I did a search and couldn’t find anything.

Update for everyone.

Did a bit more investigating on this and found I could project on to the model from the top, the left side and the front but I could not project onto it from the right, front or a custom view. I opened another model from this customer and pretty much the same thing. Went back and open a model from a different customer, a car rear end, it has lots of surfaces and very much a freeform shape. Projected some lines on to it and not problem. I could project on to it from any view I wanted.

At this point I needed another seat of Mastercam to open and try this so I called my locale MC dealer and he opened my model and tried project lines on to it and got just what I was getting. He took the model and ran it in SpaceClaim and was able to clean it up enough to make a solid. Sent I back to me and no more surface project fails. The whole problem was bad cad work with over-lap’s and spaces between surfaces.

So after a frustrating day it all came down to a bad model.