Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Letters

Chris Rizzo

Not sure if this problem is solve-able...I create some letters....A few weeks later I go back, and want to add some more letters. My letters dialog box defaults to whatever is a default, however I my new letters to match the old ones, which of course I forgot what the size/font is.

yeah, I should write the specifics down in my level manager or something, huh. biggrin.gif

/edit: added after some good time elapsed:

All I metioned downward is actual if you make your text and copy it to some separate layer and break the copy ,leaving the original text intact.

that`s what I always do !

Sorry,guys if I insulted somone !

/end of edit

use analize->edit y->text or quick edit .

Text is preferable

quote:

Trial and Error is all I can think of when I do it.

And a good old help files reading and RTFM !

Mc is more mighty that you think ,my friend and before trial it is easy to search through help file :

One more way to do it

Quote from help file:

quote:

Turning on the Drafting menu’s Edit text function allows you to edit the text of drafting dimensions, notes, and labels without changing the entity’s position in the graphics window.

1. Choose Main Menu, Create, Drafting.

2. Choose Edit text to turn on the edit text function (there should be a ‘Y’ following the option to show that it is turned on).

Note: Choosing Edit text again turns off the edit text function (Y changes to N).

3. Select a drafting dimension, note, or label to open the Edit Dimension Text dialog box (if a dimension is selected) or the Note dialog box (if a note or label is selected).

4. Type text changes in the appropriate text box, then choose OK to close the dialog box and apply changes to the selected entity.

Note: In the Note dialog box, you can also load text from a file (choose Load File). In either dialog box, you can insert special characters (choose Add Symbol

or Ø).

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to edit the text of additional drafting entities.

Note: You can also edit drafting text while dragging an entity by choosing the Quick Edit (T)ext option.