Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hardinge/b'port xv710 fanuc control- shuttle type atc issue

SledGeek

2006 Hardinge xv710 Fanuc 0i-mc

I have a shuttle type atc that won't cooperate. It will start the toolchange....z postion, spindle orient, shuttle moves into position....then just stops. It doesn't alarm out even tho it's timed out. It will sit for what seems to be forever. I can hit reset and use M122 to put it back into position and then it gives me alarm" 1050 atc not ready (A1.0) "

I'm guessing spindle orientation is fine.....no alarm

It has also twice given me alarm 1050 mag not oriented (A2.3). I went through the XV shuttle tool change fault recovery from builder which includes pocket/mag orientation to spindle, etc. That's seems to be ok.

Gettin nothing but repeat stoppage of shuttle at spindle .......

This was started by just doing a toolchange in a program.......no power surges or resets in the middle of the tool change ;)

Anybody ???

Machine still runs...heh, manual tool changes and copying z offsets .......

Edited by SledGeek

Did you check the braker in the cabinet? I had that issue. Seems the t/c isn't a Hardinge item & it's a purchased assy. It's connected to the control but has a few "disconnects" like the braker is tripped & nothing shows on the control. On my (GX1000) the braker is on left side of the cabinet close to the middle height.

If your atc has an air cylinder is the air cylinder dried out or are the rails of what have you that the shuttle slides in and out on have chips or other foreign debre that is hanging it up? Is there a flow control on the cylinder that is slowing it down? Is there a dirty air filter on the supply side of the whole machine? Just some other things I would consider.

The shuttle comes all the way into position.....no restricted movement, after checking everything. It's electrical, best i can tell . Something isn't recognizing that the atc is in position or something else isn't in position.Been getting several alarms including mag lost it's position. I don't know what yet.

Hot die due by Friday.....one tool at a time with no atc. Painful....very,very painful lol