Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports crashing

Greg_J

Hey Guys,

When I go to run my setup sheet by right clicking in the Operations Manager I get the general Info menu input my data then click the green check.

Then I get a error that states Active Report.exe not responding windows is checking for a solution.

I check the Mastercam Event Log and it shows up there as an error. ERROR (L1968, Mastercam menu): Specified COMMAND not found.

Any ideas?

I need my setup sheets!!

TIA

Greg

Hi Greg...when did this start happening? Was it after you changed something? Or are you just starting to use activereports? Or is it just out of the blue? When was the last time you used activerports without it failing? Usually this will happen when some aspect of your main report or subreport is not defined correctly. A little more info might help.

I use it every day, I created my own custom setup sheet.

but ....

I did get a new computer so I had to tell Active Reports where to look for my custom setup sheets. It worked at first then I added some images and it's crashed ever since then.

I still have my old computer and in order to get the setup sheets done for the parts I'm working on I went back to my old computer. It worked at first as well but now it crashes too.

Something in one of the files I was working must have buggered things up.

I did try to run the MU3 installer hoping to find a repair function, but there wasn't one.

have you tried removing the images from your activerport and seeing if that fixes the crashing? I usually try to make a backup of my activerport before making changes just in case something like this happens. I found once with my setup sheet there was a certain datafield say 'operation name' or something to that effect. When i removed this, the active report would crash! I never worked it out properly, so i just kept the field there, but set the display properties to off. I would guess there is something wrong with your images you have inserted. Do you have an older version of your activereport you can roll back to?

Ah ok i get it, i thought you'd added more captures into your rpx file. To me it still sounds like something is not right with your actual setup sheet files. So the next thing I'd be doing is trying to isolate the problem. You could try and remove the link to your subreports from your main rpx file and see if the setup sheet works then. If it does, there is something wrong with one of your subreports, if it doesn't, there is something wrong with your main sheet. Are you running the setup sheet locally or from a network location? No problems for trying to help! hopefully we can get it fixed for you.

Yeah Kevin I spent quite a bit of time developing the activereport setup sheet that we are currently using. I had not much of an idea about it when i started, but had a lot of things that i wanted to achieve with it. I've run into a lot of issues with them, and had a lot of help from a few guys on here in developing it. But there is still some things I havent worked out with it yet that are driving me crazy! NOTW-programmer has been helping me make a few improvements since i put it up on the FTP before Christmas.

Thanks Ray I'll give it a try.

Brendan,

I had my Setup sheets working exactly how I wanted it. What issues are you having?

The biggest PITA that I've encountered recently is getting the max z-depth to output for lathe...i know it is so simple and there is a datafield dedicated for it, but it just doesn't work for me. There must be something subtle I'm missing...

Hey Guys,

When I go to run my setup sheet by right clicking in the Operations Manager I get the general Info menu input my data then click the green check.

Then I get a error that states Active Report.exe not responding windows is checking for a solution.

I check the Mastercam Event Log and it shows up there as an error. ERROR (L1968, Mastercam menu): Specified COMMAND not found.

Any ideas?

I need my setup sheets!!

TIA

Greg

Greg Have you sorted out your problem yet? If you want to upload the rpx files to the ftp, I'd be more than happy to take a look at them for you tonight...or you can email them to me if you dont want them to be public? PM me if you want my email address