Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform toolpath - Mirror, another look

gms1

So I was reading the blog over on the mastercam.com site and something caught my eye.

Geometry is the only mode available when mirroring operations. It may be slower to copy, mirror, and regenerate multi-surface toolpaths, but the resulting toolpath will be correct

And I thought to myself just how wrong this is and I set out to test transform mirror again after giving up on it quite a few years ago thinking that maybe something has changed since then. I have 2 simple rules for this mirror test, one is the transformed toolpath has to climb mill, and two it has to respect the lead-in and lead-out just like the original toolpath.

The attached file is the easiest possible test I could come up with to test transform-mirror. Not one single option I tried worked inside the GUI. However, the c-hook MirrorToolpath.,dll did manage to mirror the toolpath and respect my 2 rules. So I tried to run the c-hook on a bigger file with lots of different toolpaths and unfortunately it had some failures and Im not sure what the errors were because the popup boxes had some weird output.

Can someone transform-mirror this toolpath correctly inside the GUI? Am I missing something?

XFORM-MIRROR.zip

It is doing exactly as the original per the instructions in the lead in /out parameter; (IN perpendicular .15" OUT Tangent .15")

So what you want transform to do is in fact reverse the lead in & out on the mirrored toolpath, not respecting the settings that are in the original toolpath,

I don't believe that is possible.

I find the function a huge time saver so if I have to tweak a parameter here or there it’s still faster to use the transform in most cases.