Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sim not being Found on X6

tkonvalin

I have checked the other threads in relation to the "No Sim Found" message but none quite fit our issue.

I just loaded a new install of X6 on a new machine (Windows 7 64Bit) and get the "No Sim Found" message when starting X6. I tried the Sentinel Driver fix but we did not have the 6.55 drivers but instead have the 6.50 and Windows shows it running in device manger.. Also, if I go the the Sentinael Hasp on port 1947 the screen shows it running, see attached screen shot. Based on converstions with support I ran the latest HASPUserSetup.exe from sentinel as the one one at C:\Program Files\mcamx6\common would not run and sent a message back that it "Could not run the DLL library C:\Windows\System32\haspds_windows.dll. The specific module could not be found.", also see attached Again the downloaded Hasp Setup program ran fine and lets me see the Hasp.

Also, tried running HaspX and it says No HASP Found. This Hasp does work on a 32 Bit XP Machine.

NHASP x shows it set as a HASP and as Local and the Registryy settinsg match this.

As added information I have uninstalled Kaspersky to make sure it is not the issue and our Firewall is open and according to our main IT person it is not blocking it and the Screenshot woudl sort of confirm that.

MasterCam support wants me to restore the PC to its orginal settings and start again and I wanted to avoid that if possible.

post-46925-0-13238100-1362756892_thumb.jpg

post-46925-0-77553200-1362757025_thumb.jpg

Yes I checked that one, actually that is the thread I found to find this forum, and our HASP was running, as far as the PC and Sentinel were concerned as well as we had the 6.50 drivers and not the 6.55.

One thing I did find out, and I am new to how the HSP works with MasterCam so bear with me, is that it is out of date and we are getting new codes for it to allow master cam to run while our licensing is being sorted out. It would seem that this is not the issue since to update the Hasp I need to be able to see it though HASP X and I do not thus it would not update regardless of the code being outdated. Is this correct?

Again I can see the HASP through Internet Explorer and Port 1947 and it appears to be running there as well as in Device Manager.

Yes I checked that one, actually that is the thread I found to find this forum, and our HASP was running, as far as the PC and Sentinel were concerned as well as we had the 6.50 drivers and not the 6.55.

One thing I did find out, and I am new to how the HSP works with MasterCam so bear with me, is that it is out of date and we are getting new codes for it to allow master cam to run while our licensing is being sorted out. It would seem that this is not the issue since to update the Hasp I need to be able to see it though HASP X and I do not thus it would not update regardless of the code being outdated. Is this correct?

Again I can see the HASP through Internet Explorer and Port 1947 and it appears to be running there as well as in Device Manager.

IIRC, if you were on a temp code, I think it shuts down.

Your reseller is going to be your best I think

I just talked to a MasterCam Support guy and he had me run a program called TestHaspX.exe and it says HASP not found. He was saying the code will only return a message that it is not valid but the TestHaspX program should still be able to see the Hasp. It gets more confusing as one goes along, especialy since in the Sentinal Access it has a place to make the HASP blink and I can do so from the Port 1947 page. So I am able to communicate with it.

Yep, it works on another PC that is a 32Bit WinXP box

run the update codes on that box.. then move it bcak to the X64 machine.

Personally, I'd try all the step listed in the PDF file I link to in the earlier thread.

I would uninstall anything that has to do with Sentinnel and Aladin and clean your registry. Check your windows updates and see if there is one for sentinel or safenet and unistall them. Reboot and reinstall the proper drivers from the .pdf and see if it works. I actually did a clean install of Mastercam including registry sweep before I got the instructions on how to fix it.

• 1 month later...

I found out the issue with this PC. It is that the HASP will not read wehn the computer is logged into remotely. I set up all the PCs here remotely as I work on more than one at a time. I have never had an issue with doing this so did not even contempalte the issue being realted to loggin in remotley. So once I was able to have someone log on to the machine locally it starts right up and reads the HASP. Go figure. I now need to find out why this is as the user may need to remotein from home at some time and obviously this will not work as it now for that.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.