Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

deckel dmu 50

Rick46

Currently our shop has a ( deckel dmu 50 ) 5 axis or 3+2 not sure which, but the operator wants only to use work nc software to do the drilling on this machine and the posted path is often buggy and cant be trusted to drill unattended. I am wondering if there is a post that comes with the MC install that can be used on this machine to do drilling with or a generic post that can be modified to work. The operator says theres probablly not one available do to these machines being new in the USA. Im wondering if hes just telling me this to avoid doing any drilling on this machine or if hes even had our IT guy contact our MC sales rep to investigate the issue of getting a working post for this machine so MC can be used. Hes a die hard work nc guy but if its not going to do the job we need then in my opinion we need to use MC to do the job if theres a post available to work with this machine..thanks in advance.

i believe those are 3+2.

MC can absolutely handle drilling on that machine with a proper post. contact your reseller.

if your die-hard workNC guy can't make a decent drill cycle, the problem is the talent not the technology.

posted path is often buggy and cant be trusted to drill unattended.

not sure what the problem is; prototype or serial production?

these machines come with about 3 different controls, which is yours?

I have a Deckel DMU-80 T with the older style Mill Plus control that I program exclusively with Mastercam.

The advice above is spot on.

The right post for that machine will allow you to use its full potential.

We purchased a 5-axis post from In-House and had them do some customizing to suit our needs.

Best money you will ever spend. :cheers: